Quick Catch LS™ is a great mixture for over seeding or patching up bare spots. The Quick Catch seed mixture has the shortest germination period of all the blends we sell. A mixture of 3 different types of Rye grass makes this grass seed variety perfect for getting something green in place quick. This mixture is extremely tough and provides the most wear tolerant lawns. You’ll find this mix perfect for high traffic regions and areas prone to erosion.
33% Slider LS™ Perennial Ryegrass
33% Torsion LS™ Perennial Ryegrass
34% Grand Slam GLD Perennial Ryegrass
LATERAL SPREAD LAWN SEED MIXTURES
Lateral Spread lawn mixtures have a spreading tiller which fills in bare spots fast for increasing density to prevent possible weed pressures. These mixtures are find leafed and dark green in colour. Each mix is custom designed making our seed company the only ones with this technology in Eastern Canada.
- Apply at a rate of 5-7 lbs/1000 sq ft
- Optimal overseeding application time is early spring or fall
- Good germination depends on adequate moisture and good seed to soil contact.
10 lb bag covers 2000 sq ft
25 lb bag covers 5,000 sq ft
50 lb bag covers 10,000 sq ft or 1/4 of an acre
Tips to overseed a lawn
If the weather, pets, or other factors make your lawn looking sad, it is time to reinvigorate it by overseeding. Some tips for success:
- the best overseeding time is spring or fall, as cool temperature and rains help you
- before overseeding, mow your lawn shorter than usually and remove the clippings to allow the seeds get on the soil
- rake the bare or thin areas vigorously to loosen the soil and to remove debris
- for thickening up purposes, apply at half the recommended rate
- for patching up purposes, apply at the full the recommended rate
- apply a thin layer of topsoil on patched up areas
- keep the area moist by frequent light watering until the seed is established
- depending on the grass species, under ideal growing conditions, some seeds will germinate one week, while others will take four weeks